Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Non Scripted Email

I forgot to write stuff down so this will probably be a shorter email than normal.  So I have a new companion on Tuesday, Elder Ward is no longer my companion and that makes me really sad because my new companion is one of those 18 year old ones (barely turned 19 a bit ago) and he is super immature.  I liked Elder Ward a lot because he was really mature and worked hard.  It seems to be impossible to impose that work ethic on them so I will just have to try to be an example.  Oh yah his name is Elder Bagget (Bag-it), I keep forgetting his name so I call him a bunch of different stuff like:  Bagel, Baggins, Bucket, Toaster, etc.
 
So Elder Bagget brought with him a game called munchkins.  It is a ton of fun!  We play it a lot and apparently so do other missionaries in the mission.  I have the game at home and played it while I was in California.  Unfortunately I didn't bring it on my mission.  There are also tons and tons of different expansions and stuff that goes with it, they look really fun!
 
I recently found out that instead of 2 Panda Express's there is only 1 in my entire mission,  and that is in Camp Hill.  It is by Harrisburg.  Anyway I will surly miss it.
 
There is this really good talk that was in the Elder Bednar book (I just finished it by the way it was really good).  It is called "Becoming a Missionary"  from the November 2005 Ensign.  I don't really remember it except for it was really good.
 
On Sunday there was a Worldwide Leadership conference thing that we all went to and it was super important that some places pushed back sacrament meeting for it.  They encouraged everyone to watch it and I think you all should too.  It is on LDS.org here is the link:
If you cannot click on it, it is on Lds.org
 
*SPOILER ALERT*
Elder Packer looks/sounds like he wont be with us for much longer though.  Also the last thing he said was: "I know Christ".  Also they said something to the effect of that missionaries will be able to use the internet more for missionary purposes in the near  future.
 
Two of my recent converts went to the temple on Saturday to do baptisms for the dead.  They really enjoyed it.  I am a little bit sad I am not able to go.  The closest temple is in Washington D.C by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment