Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekly Update!

I gave blood this week, I think it was on Friday.  It was an interesting experience.  They had to move the needle around to find a vain and that was really annoying and hurt a little more than I thought it would.  Not that it hurt, I just thought I would barely feel it and was surprised.  We got cookies and muffins afterwards.  How we found out about it was we were volunteering at the hospital and some one asked us if we wanted to donate blood and we said sure.

There is a city in my area and it has a really weird name.  The name of the city (I kid you not) is Eighty-Four, like the number.  It is a really small town that doesn't really have much in it and it is named after a construction company or something.  I always make fun of it, although we almost never go through it.  

I learned of this kind of flower that grows around here on trees that are really cool.  They are called Mimosa (not sure how to spell it this is what auto-correct says).  They are really pretty and look a little like fireworks, but the best part is they smell really good!  Also I was told of a flower that is supposedly common around here called Hibiscus (again don't know how to spell it).  All I know is that it looks like a Hawaiian flower and it tastes good.  So I want to find one and eat it.  I also think they sold them on that thinkgeek website. 

During Zone Conference I got a little birthday bag with candy in it, because it was my birthday forever ago.  My favorite part about it was that there was a really sweet pen in the bag too and it works great and I love these pens.  I like it because the tip is really fine and I can write small with it, those kinds of pens are the best for missionaries because we have to write in small boxes in all our paperwork and everything else.  We write a lot, usually in our planner which has little room to write.

I cannot wait till next transfer (about 4 more weeks) because our area is getting split and me and my companion will each take an area, and split up since we know it.  Anyway the reason I cant wait for it is because I really don't like my current companion(s) (my other one got is visa and is leaving to Brazil on the 30th).  The visa one isn't so bad except for the fact that he doesn't believe in soap.  Or cleaning in general, so I have to do most of it.  He literally thinks that it is pretty much a conspiracy and a waste of money.  He claims that hot water does a better job at killing them and soap just moves the germs around.  So he just uses as hot of water as he can and calls it good.  He convinced the other one to do the same and I am the only one that uses soap now.

The other one is really immature, annoying, and obnoxious (I am not saying that because I dislike him but because it is a fact and he admits/ told us it).  He is one of those people that went out when he was 18 (only for two months though).  He also says that he gets joy out of annoying people and does it to us all the time (mostly me since the other one is pretty immature too), I thought I would be able to get away from all of that since I left home.  They also talk all night for what seems forever even though it isn't too long while I am trying to sleep and they are laying down with the lights off.  Also they are not very diligent and will not Tract after 7 PM even if it means just sitting around at home, because he "doesn't want to bother people".

Anyways that felt good to vent that all out.

I have my dentist appointment today at 2 and we will see what they say.  The good news is that my teeth haven't been hurting as bad this week, but that is also bad because what am I going to tell the dentist?

I have been playing Munchkins and it is a lot of fun.  There are also a ton of different add-ons that look like a lot of fun! My companions and I are going to try and see if we can track them down, but  we probably wont be able to.  There arent very many places that sell card games like that.  Only one card shop in my area that I know of might have it although it would probably just be the original.  So with that train of thought I think the only place to get these cool add-ons would be online, which we are not allowed to visit non-LDS site.  So we will probably in the end just have to be content with what we have.

With my other book finished I am now starting on Jesus the Christ and am on page about 500 out of about 700 so I am almost done!  Then I will start on Thomas S. Monson's biography. 


No comments:

Post a Comment