Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Things Happening This Week

After I email you guys hopefully we go back to the apartment because I am going to make brownies with marshmallows and toffee bits in them to see if it tastes good. 
 
One of our investigators are from Haiti and they invited us to dinner and we had Haitian food.  It wasn't too bad.  We picked up a new investigator this week it was pretty sweet.  He was on some of our old records and we went to see him and he invited us back.  When we came back he was so awesome!  We shared the parable of the  prodigal son and he kept comparing it to himself, it was great.  He also gave me a piece of a pastry called baklava and it is like a 20 tiny layers of ........  some sort of pastry.  It is supposed to be super hard to make since all the layers have to be stacked individually.  He said his boss' wife or someone made it.  The only problem with this guy is that he says he was accused of pushing his girlfriend or someone down the stairs and she sued him.  So he is on probation (we can't baptize people on probation)  and he has to wear an ankle bracelet (the kind that keeps track of you).  Although he is really nice, and instead of giving us a handshake he hugs us.
 
I finished reading the Miracle of Forgiveness and it was really good.  I loved it.  Now I am finishing up Increase in Learning by Elder Bednar.  I am almost done with it. 
 
Apparently in my mission (and maybe other missions do it too I don't know) there is this thing were you refer the person that trained you your "Father" so the person that trained him is your "Grandfather"  I think it is kind of weird and am not into it very much, which is probably why I am just barely saying this now.
 
I got to confirm Tonja yesterday and it was really interesting.  I don't think I did very well, but hopefully I will get better with practice.  The bishop also pulled me aside and gave me some pointers afterwards.  He whispered in my ear after I said amen to see he immediately after sacrament meeting and that I wasn't in trouble.  My immediate thought was "What did I do wrong" and "how much trouble I was in for it?" hahaha that is all I could think about all throughout sacrament meeting.  Luckily I wasn't in any trouble and the bishop just wanted to help me out.  The day before that Elder Ward baptized her and he had to do it twice because he forgot to say amen and immediately afterwards EVERYONE had to point it out and it just (in my opinion) took the spirit right out of there.  I laughed at him afterwards though.
 
My trainer, Elder Ward, is being transferred tomorrow and we are getting a new companion.  I am a little sad that I don't get to go to the transfer meeting though.  Unfortunately Elder Mantle my other companion, didn't get his visa from Brazil yet.  It is especially frustrating because he is starting to drive me nuts.  He talks about himself and when he was back at home WAY too much, and he whistles the same thing over and over and over again.  And some other stuff too but it isn't that big of a deal.  For example me and him have to share a closet and he sits in the way of it a lot, so I step on his bet to get to it and that bothers him for some reason.
 
One thing I am very sad about is that there is only like 2 Panda Express's in my entire mission!   And there isn't one in my area!  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment