Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Catch Up Time



Sorry I have gotten so far behind on posting Elder Mellor's letters! We will get all caught up in this post! 

May 6, 2013

Sorry last weeks was so short,  they kicked me off the computer at the library because someone else wanted a turn so I had to get off.  Also the library will be closed on next Monday for memorial day or something so I don't know if I will get to email you guys.  I hope we cane work something out.  This past week was pretty normal.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened.  Thank you Kazhia, Mom, and Dad for the birthday packages they were wonderful. 
There is this really cool talk by Brad Wilcox titled "His Grace is Sufficient"  it is really good and helped to to better understand the role of Jesus Christ.  
We get weekly coupons sent to our apartment and I found a coupon for the ham I buy so that was awesome.
I have an investigator named Tonja and she has a daughter named Kazhia (except she spells it differently).  Also she has a lot of the same mental problems I do, so I can relate with her well.
So during Zone Training Meeting my mission president accedentaly let it slip that it is in fact Elder Bednar that will be speaking with us on June 8th (we all laughed at him for it).  It also was pretty obvious that he emailed us to read these 3 Bednar talks to get spiritually prepared for it.  I am super excited about it and cannot wait.  I hope I will be able to shake his hand or better, give him a hug!  

May 13, 2013

I will stop putting a number after my weekly update so I don't have to clog up my mind with remembering that stuff (and no it is not just because I forgot what number I was on!).
 
I have been having this weird thought lately that maybe I should become a psychiatrist instead of working with computers.  That way I wont have to do as much math (I am bad at math) I think.  Also my patriarchal blessing does say a lot about education (among other things pertaining to that job), and that job would require a lot of it.  We were explaining what a patriarchal blessing was to one of our recent converts and she thought we said patriotic blessing, it was pretty funny.
 
I will know who will be speaking to us at the conference in two weeks, so we will have to wait till then to find out.
 
 I got to go now bye

May 20, 2013

Sorry last weeks was so short,  they kicked me off the computer at the library because someone else wanted a turn so I had to get off.  Also the library will be closed on next Monday for memorial day or something so I don't know if I will get to email you guys.  I hope we cane work something out.  This past week was pretty normal.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened.  Thank you Kazhia, Mom, and Dad for the birthday packages they were wonderful. 
There is this really cool talk by Brad Wilcox titled "His Grace is Sufficient"  it is really good and helped to to better understand the role of Jesus Christ. 
We get weekly coupons sent to our apartment and I found a coupon for the ham I buy so that was awesome.
I have an investigator named Tonja and she has a daughter named Kazhia (except she spells it differently).
So during Zone Training Meeting my mission president accedentaly let it slip that it is in fact Elder Bednar that will be speaking with us on June 8th (we all laughed at him for it).  It also was pretty obvious that he emailed us to read these 3 Bednar talks to get spiritually prepared for it.  I am super excited about it and cannot wait.  I hope I will be able to shake his hand or better, give him a hug!  

May 28, 2013

Sorry I wasn't able to send out a weekly email yesterday like normal, it was Memorial Day and all the libraries were closed.  So I tried to make some Sesame seed shrimp with those packets (I found where to get them by the way)  and it was super good and yummy!  I will send out a picture of it later.  Also on an unrelated note my companions have all said that I snore really bad and one had to buy earplugs,  I think I get that from my dad.
THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!


When I have the conference on June 8th with Bednar I am going to try to corner him and get him to sign my book Mom and Dad sent me.  Pray for me hahahhahaha.

I didn't do anything to celebrate my birthday and I was going to make a cake but we didn't have any eggs so I made it today and I will have to wait till dinner time to frost it and eat it.  Also my companion forgot even though he said he wrote it down and didn't remember till later on in that day when I mentioned it.  It sounded like he was going to do something fun too.  So it was a little disappointing.
Also I got to drive the car this week, and then after a couple of days my companion stopped letting me drive, because I was so bad at it, but it wasn't my fault because the roads here are really windy and hard to drive on.  I was a little upset for a while, then I got over it.
Elder Bednar said something interesting in that book I got for my birthday (It is really good by the way, thanks Mom and Dad!).  He said that the natural consequence (wow how did I spell that right?) of seeking out the Holy Ghost is a desire to learn more, and I have seen that on my mission a lot.  I hope that all of you can learn as much as I am right now.  My companion calculated that during the 2 years we serve on our mission equals 49 years of active church service.  That is a lot!
My companion taught me how to cut my own hair yesterday (it was actually just shaving most of it off, hahaha).  

No comments:

Post a Comment