Sunday, May 5, 2013

04/29/13


My companion told me that they are making new quads in August,  that is really cool.  I think it is the first time they changed it since the 70's.
 
Also I learned that one of my former bishops is friends with some football guy named Joe Montana, whoever that is.  I think dad knows. 
 
I got my Easter package on Thursday and it was great!  Thank you for it.  My favorite things to get are (in no particular order) food, CD's (music and talks and firesides and such), and books.
 
We just had a golden investigator say she didn't want to see us anymore and it makes me really mad and upset and frustrated and it just broke my heart and made me want to cry.  Also speaking of bad news the person I was going to confirm and my compy (I call my companion that sometimes) baptize, changed his mind about being baptized for the THIRD time (I haven't been there for all the times), so we wont be seeing him anymore either.  He has commitment problems.  Going on my mission has defiantly been the hardest thing in my life, but it is also the most rewarding.
 
I am listening to this song right now about missionary work called "All times, All Things, All place"  you should give it a listen.
 
I never thought that I would have said this before but repentance is my most favorite thing in the world.  I feel like , I think it was Alma, who said he wished he was an angel so he could cry repentance unto every living thing.
 
I realized I never described my apartment to you guys so here it is.   My apartment is like a really small 2 story apartment it has a living room with a fireplace 2 desks a coffee table, a recliner that doesn't work very well (like it doesn't rock back very well it is really hard to explain), and a couch.  By the way we are going to be getting rid of the coffee table and couch to make room for a dining table since we don't have one right now. The kitchen has the washer and dryer in it.  Upstairs is a small bedroom with 2 beds, a bathroom, and an exercise room.  I made a video of it but it is too big to send home through email so I have no way of getting it there.
 
My ward has 100 active members out of 400 so it is pretty small.  I don't think I have talked about my ward yet.
 
I will be 20 soon in about a month isn't that crazy?!!  I am really excited, and kind of sad, as to what a birthday in the mission field is like.
 
So apparently the church has a disaster relief/ service organization called helping hands.  Anyway my entire mission (the area like the different stakes and stuff so it is pretty much the whole state) is participating in some sort of service with the helping hands and we all got to wear these yellow vests and I think my companion took a picture of me in it but I am not sure.  If he did then I will send it.  Anyway what we did was went out to a place called Raccoon State Park about an hour away from my place a little outside my area (don't worry my mission president said it was ok) we had to get a ride from a member and they bought a box of doughnuts and they let me have some and it was awesome!  Anyway getting distracted again, we did a bunch of stuff for them, I shoveled gravel, made a path with woodchips that they called mulch, and cleared a path for said path (like removed all the tree leaves and branches and stuff in the way) I got to use a really cool looking handsaw to cut a branch off a tree.  The saw was kind of curved.   We were there from 8 AM to about 2 PM and I got a little bit burnt since I didn't think about sunscreen since the weather is so nice.  That made me think that an Aloe plant would be cool to have since I burn so easily.  Although I don't know how to make my own gel from it.  I bet Elliot would know.  You should ask him for me.
 
My companion is kind of mean, he makes me clean with him for like an hour every Monday and if I didn't do a good job he makes me do it again.  He is a neat freak :(
 
I am going to be making (or trying to) A Mtn dew cake with a Mtn dew glaze.  I will let you know how it is next week.

Here's Elder Mellor at the Helping Hands Service Project he talked about! 

Elder Mellor in some new dress slacks. He probably wouldn't want me sharing it all over  the place, but her just looks so handsome! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment