Sunday, May 5, 2013

04/22/13


Here is an interesting factoid!  Did you know that Joseph and Mary were first cousins?  That was a fun little fact I learned while reading Jesus the Christ.  So apparently there is this new Mormon site called Mormons and gays and it is about the churches stance on homosexual relationships. 
 
There are a lot of different birds here and they are all so pretty and amazing.  There are also these really gross and ugly giant bee called Mammoth Bees.  They are really gross and kind of scary.
 
One of the people we were supposed to baptize on Saturday got cold feet on us and didn't come (for the third time, might I add also it was the one I was going to confirm) so we aren't going to see him anymore.  But we did baptize this one girl, although the only thing I did was give a little talk in the program.  One of the people we have been working with asked us to baptize him so we got a date for him and for another person.  Also we have two other people we are very close to committing them to baptism.  So that makes, I believe five people we should be baptizing in the near future.
 
The closest temple to me is in Washington D.C.  and it is way out of my area, so I will not be going for the next two years unfortunately.
 
Thank you for the package!  it was really great and I love it!  Me and my companion are listening to that talk from elder Cook and you guys should listen to it as well and use that advice to give all you sacrament talks and such.  I wasn't able to get the easter one unfortunately, but I think my mission president will bring it down when he does interviews with us on Thursday.  So hopefully I will get it then.
 
I couldn't find the sesame package so I will have to wait till next week to find it again maybe I can find it next week.
 
I am going to the dentist today at 2:30 so I will let you know how it goes next week.
 


I just got back from the dentist and they fixed me right up.  I had a really small cavity that wasn't very deep so he just drilled it out and filled it real quick with out numbing it (so it hurt a bit).  then he just filled it real quick and now I don't have a hole in my tooth.  They also gave me 3 sample size toothpaste tubes of enamel/sensitivity protection.
 
The dentist's office was a house converted into an office and we drove past it a few times during the week while we were going places.  So it looked really sketchy.  I thought it was going to be a front for human trafficking or something. But once we went inside it looked really nice and everyone there was nice and they took care of my teeth well

Elder Mellor is loving seeing the variety of none desert plants in Pennsylvania!

He tried to make a giant Mt. Dew pancake. Haha Silly Zack

Elder Mellor and his companion had a baptism! He gave a short talk at the program! He said it went great!


Apparently this is Elder Mellor's average meal...Are we at all surprised? Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment