Thursday, April 4, 2013

First Letter From the Field!


Sorry I wasn't able to email you last week I was never given a chance to.  Here is how this is going to work.  I am going to send you all the stuff I want to say to you then I will respond to emails that have questions in them and such.

I am assigned to the Monongahela area, but my apartment is in Charleroi. Apparently part of OHIO is in my mission area so that's odd.

At the MTC I was able to get the journals you gave me engraved like my scriptures so that's pretty cool.  It says Elder Zachary Mellor

When I first got here I was reminded of the frost planet of Hoth from Star Wars. As far as I have seen the entire state of PA is like Globe, AZ.  Also there are TONS of cemeteries EVERYWHERE!! Plus there are TONS of one way roads and windy roads and it makes me car sick.

The first district meeting I went to (they are every Wednesday) was at a catholic school converted into a church.  apparently the church bought an abandoned catholic school and turned the first floor into a church.  The other two stories are just old stuff from the school pushed into a corner of all the rooms.  

My companion (elder Ward) is pretty cool, although he is a health nut and is allergic to sugar I guess (apparently it makes him feel bad or something).  Also when he sits he crosses his legs like a girl (not that there is anything wrong with that) and when he does that and is wearing his sweater he looks like Mr. Rogers/ a therapist and its hilarious I will try to get a picture if I can.  Also he makes hard boiled eggs and he cracked them on his already cracked watch.

So in our ward the bishop's name is Ron Paul, no not THE Ron Paul, he is the really big black guy that is really good at singing.  For the Easter service it was pretty much just singing and there are a LOT of talented singers and musicians in the ward even though there are only about 100 people.  My companion was asked to be in the choir so I also had to sing.

We get fed pretty often over here, in fact the other day we were invited to have deer meat burgers for lunch with one of our investigators.  This one time we ate dinner and at the end the sister that invited us gave us each a box of cereal.  I was quite taken aback.

No comments:

Post a Comment