Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Another Weekly Update 9/30

So last week I went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders to their area in Washington, PA.  It was a lot of fun and they have a really sweet area.  I had Rita's Ice Cream for the first time and it was amazing.  I got a Swedish fish shaved ice/custard thing and it was really good.  Although I kinda wish I got a sundae like I originally wanted, but I got talked out of it.  We also almost went to this really cool looking Hibachi Grill and Steakhouse, but it was too expensive and made us sad.   :(     I saw this really cool Sheldon shirt from the Big Bang Theory that was 50% off and I almost got it it was cool and looked like a glow in the dark blue, but Sheldon was making a strange face so I didn't want it anymore. 

I have been having a little bit of annoyances with my Hypoglycemia recently and the doctor told me to stop eating sugar and eat more complex carbs and snack throughout the day and eat 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones.  Does anyone know any really good and really cheap and easy snacks/meals that I could make/buy that would be high in protein/complex carbs?  Also please don't send me sugary stuff since I am trying to stay away from it more.

I finished the Bednar books my parents sent me Act in Doctrine it was really good.  I am now working on the first volume of History of the Church.

I learned on Sunday when I was fasting that fasting is a good way to help receive revelation, I had a good experience with that.  Pretty much I was fasting and was praying to figure something out and I figured it out it was pretty cool.

I bought a little notebook for all my Mellor-isms (Mellorisms?)  I decided to record them myself.   I am not sure how I should spell it.   I want to get like gold sharpie or something and write that on the front of it and the spine, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  This week's Mellor-ism (I think I like that way better, what do you guys think?)  is:  "You are only allowed to jump on a trampoline with someone of the opposite sex if they are dead, that way it doesn't count."

I have been thinking about if I want a camera with wi-fi for Christmas or not.  That way you could get the pictures sent straight to you guys instead of having to wait till Monday.  I am still on the fence about it,  What do you guys think?

We just went to a thrift store while we were waiting for the library to open and I found and bought 2 Star Wars Books for just 10 cents each, so I will be sending those home along with a bunch of other books that I have already read that have been sent to me some time.   By the way I LOVE BOOKS!!!!   It has been my passion since I got out here.   I am starting to check places like thrift stores and libraries for them.  I wrote down a giant list of books that I would like to read (if not on my mission then afterwards I don't really have a time limit), but I forgot to bring it with me so you will have to wait till next week if you want to see it.

Sorry this email is a little short, Love you!

Here's Elder Mellor in a fellow missionary apartment.

Zack thought this poster was so funny! Hahaha

Elder Mellor tried "Rita's Ice Cream." He said it was really yummy! 

Of course Zack loved this mug! 

Another Elder with the mug. 

The Elders in Zack's apartment added some furniture to their study room to make it more homey. 

Here's Elder Mellor's desk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment